UKFF GRAY PANEL
We celebrate the cultural diversity of films made in the UK and welcome films from all over the World.
The Festival runs from 13th to 16th November 2013
3 MINUTE (OR LESS) SCRIPT COMPETITION 2013.
AN IRRESISTIBLE RELATIONSHIP!
The UK Film Festival is excited to be teaming up with Irresistible Films and Creative Director Paul Maynard, who will be helping to judge our 3 Minute Script Competition and choosing one script to produce. This film will be screened at the festival and featured on our website.
The 2013 Prize - The winning script will be produced by Irresistible Films and the UK Film Festival and screened as part of the Festival. The top 5 Scripts will be read by Susie Wright for Channel 4′s Creative Diversity. The very best film or films from the festival may be considered for potential inclusion in an episode of Channel 4’s Shooting Gallery.
Submissions – Go to www.withoutabox.com find UK Film Festival and upload a pdf or word document of your script and they will forward it to us /OR send your entry by post (for British scripts this is a good option). The submissions should contain a cheque made payable to the UK Film Festival for the relevant amount (in British Pounds) and should be sent to:
UK Film Festival
3 Minute Script Competition
35 Harrington Gardens
London SW7 4JU
Deadlines and Fees
Regular Deadline entries must be postmarked or received electronically on or before 6th August. Fee – 15 UK pounds per screenplay. (10 UK pounds for full time students)
Withoutabox Deadline entries must be received electronically by withoutabox on or before 21st October. Fee – 20 UK pounds. (Full time students 15 UK pounds.)
Final Deadline - till December 21st only – postal entries will be accepted as long as they contain a cheque made payable to UK Film Festival Ltd
The announcement of the winners will be posted on UKFF website on December 31st 2013.
Terms and Conditions: Before submitting your screenplay, please be sure it meets the following requirements and that you accept the conditions:
1) All entries should be in English and be between 2 and 3 pages in length (or a little over) in the industry standard format. This does not include the title page. (If you are new to film writing and do not know the format there are many free script writing programs on line including Celtx)
2) If submitted online the file should be named as Title and Author. (e.g. Brilliant Title by Yaw Name)
3) All scripts must be original screenplays, for which the applicant(s) hold the copyright. Where the screenplay is based on another piece of work it is the responsibility of the screenplay writer to obtain written permission/copyright clearances from the original author or publisher.
4) The winning screenwriter may be asked to work in partnership (online if need be) with the producer, script editor and/or director with regard to possible changes if the script is selected to be produced.
Last year’s winners were…
1) “MIKE” by A. Riley
2) “THE CONFESSIONAL” by Andrea Frankel
Irresistible Films and The UK Film Festival are currently producing winning script from the 2012 Script Competition. MIKE by A.J. Riley will be directed by the award winning Petros Silvestros.
Runners up are “THE PICASSO” by Fred Wood, “TURN THAT FROWN UPSIDE DOWN” by Christopher Lang and “CHANGING RUTH” by Alfred Allen