UKFF GRAY PANEL
We celebrate the cultural diversity of films made in the UK and welcome films from all over the World.
The Festival runs from 13th to 16th November 2013
3 MINUTE (OR LESS) SCRIPT COMPETITION 2013.
Mission and Objective – The UK Film Festival is passionate about finding writers from all over the world with the ability to tell an effective story in a very short time. We hope we can help launch the careers of new writers and sustain the more established writers’ inspiration for their craft.
The Prize -The winning script will be produced by the UK Film Festival and our Associates and screened as part of the Festival. The top 5 Scripts will be read by Susie Wright for Channel 4′s Creative Diversity. The very best film or films from the festival may be considered for potential inclusion in an episode of Channel 4’s Shooting Gallery.
All scripts are read by current film directors and producers. In 2012 the top two scripts – “The Confessional” by Andrea Frankel and “Mike” by A. J. Riley were selected to be produced and are currently in pre-production. Another three of the scripts are still in consideration.
Scoll down for a list of last years winners.
Submissions – Go to www.withoutabox.com find UK Film Festival and upload a pdf or word document of your script pay the relevant fee and they will forward it to us.
Any entries sent by post (for British scripts this is a good option) should contain a cheque or banker’s draft for the relevant amount (in British Pounds) and should be sent to:
UK Film Festival
3 Minute Script Competition
35 Harrington Gardens
London SW7 4JU
Deadlines and Fees
Regular Deadline entries must be postmarked or received electronically on or before 6th August. Fee – 15 UK pounds per screenplay. (10 UK pounds for full time students)
Final Deadline entries must be postmarked or received electronically on or before 21st October. Fee – 20 UK pounds. (Full time students 15 UK pounds.)
Extended Deadline – cannot be accessed via withoutabox but postal entries will be accepted till December 21st as long as they contain a cheque or banker’s draft for 20 UK pounds.
The announcement of the winners will be posted on UKFF website on December 31st 2013.
Terms and Conditions: Before submitting your screenplay, please be sure it meets the following requirements and that you accept the conditions:
1) All entries should be in English and be between 1 and 3 pages in length in the industry standard format. This does not include the title page. (If you are new to film writing and do not know the format there are many free script writing programs on line including Celtx)
2) If submitted online the file should be named as Title and Author. (e.g. Zoom by John Adams)
3) All scripts must be original screenplays, for which the applicant(s) hold the copyright. Where the screenplay is based on another piece of work it is the responsibility of the screenplay writer to obtain written permission/copyright clearances from the original author or publisher.
4) The winning screenwriter may be asked to work in partnership (online if need be) with the producer, script editor and/or director with regard to possible changes if the script is selected to be produced.
The two winning scripts from 2012 were…
1) “THE CONFESSIONAL” by Andrea Frankel
2) “MIKE” by A. Riley
Runners up are “THE PICASSO” by Fred Wood, “TURN THAT FROWN UPSIDE DOWN” by Christopher Lang and “CHANGING RUTH” by Alfred Allen
Many thanks to all the screen writers who sent in such a high standard of short scripts.
On the Shortlist were…
The Island by Brian MacEvilly
Scar by Carol Younghusband
Quicksand by David Kelleher
Free by Liz John
Sick by Scout Stuart and Francesca Sophia
The High Jump by Alex Jones
Could You be the One? by Katy Segrove
Bike by Nick Harrison
I Do by Alison Wilkie
Eros by Joshua Woods
The Last Goodbye by Andrew Tucker
Guilt by Richard Elson
Today by Beth Morgan-Smith
Crosswords by Steve Simmonds